Okay, so I don’t want to brag or anything but I was down with subscription boxes long before they were cool. I guess you could say I’m an OG. But really, I’ve been a subscriber to Birchbox since the summer of 2007. For $10 a month, you get a 4-5 samples of beauty/lifestyle products. When you sign up, you fill out a beauty quiz and list your skin type/hair type, products you’re interested in etc. and have a nice little treat delivered to your door every month. If you aren’t already subscribed, I highly suggest it. I’ve been able to discover brands I would have never found otherwise and now love.
Each box comes with a description card that explains what each product is and what the full size cost would be. This box also came with a sheet of Christmas tags which might be too cute to even use.
- ‘Shine On’ mirror – This wasn’t listed on the information card but was a cute little something that was put into my box. Perfect size to throw in a make-up bag or a small clutch.
- Marcelle CC Cream SPF 35 in Golden Glow – The description says it’s supposed to “hydrate, even the tone, and give skin an instant radiance”. This shade was a little dark so I will be stashing this away until summer most likely.
- Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Face Peel – Masks and peels are without a doubt some of my favorite beauty items to play with. This peel is supposed to be acid-free, which I’m a little skeptical about since I do love a good burn but I’m willing to give it a shot.
- R + Co BADLANDS Dry Shampoo Paste – I have such a love-hate relationship with dry shampoo. I have a hard enough time with the spray that I’m not sure how I’d feel about massaging a paste through my already somewhat dirty hair. I think this one will get passed along to a friend.
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara – I’ve had a few samples of this thrown in my bag at Sephora and Ulta and I have to say it’s a pretty good mascara. I typically layer it with a volume mascara as this one is more for length and curl. I definitely wouldn’t say as good or better than Benefit’s They’re Real mascara but I’ve gotten compliments previously for length with this one.
- The Organic Pharmacy Double Rose Rejuvenating Face Cream – Love, love, love anything with rose hips oil. That stuff is seriously magic and if you’re not using it, you should be. This cream promises to promote cell regeneration, soothe any skin type, reduce broken capillaries and make skin glow. Excited to try this one out!
Overall, I really liked this box! I definitely plan to give everything a try (maybe even the dry shampoo paste *shivers*) as that’s the fun part about this box. It’s like Christmas every month and even if you don’t love everything, it’s only $10 so you aren’t throwing away tons of money of products you aren’t sure about. If you’re interested in trying it out, sign up here!
If you’re already a subscriber, what did you get in your box this month?